Periodontology is a branch of stomatology, which deals with studying, diagnostics and treatment of periodontal diseases. Periodontal disease is a complex of tissues that includes: gums, bone tissue and joints that hold the teeth.
Periodontal function – fixation tooth in the alveolus. Parodontologists are narrowly specialized doctors who possess: with extensive knowledge about diseases of the tissues surrounding the teeth.
What diseases does a periodontologist treat?
Periodontists treat a wide range of diseases related to periodontal tissues.
The most common are:
1. Gingivitis - inflammation of the gums, the disease is most often caused by the absence
довольный гигиены полости рта.
2. Periodontitis – a more serious inflammation of the gums, which spreads to: joints holding teeth. Progress of this pathology can lead to loss teeth
3. Periodontitis is a non-infectious chronic disease characterized by: gradual destruction of bone tissue and teeth. The main cause of occurrence It is considered a violation of periodontal tissue nutrition.
Causes of periodontal disease
Periodontal diseases can occur under the influence of various factors.
The main ones are:
1. Non-compliance with oral hygiene. People who don't have the habit of brushing their teeth
they face dental problems much more often.
2. Genetics. Hereditary factors can increase the risk of developing diseases
3. Smoking and other harmful habits increase the probability of developing periodontitis
other periodontal diseases.
5. Stress. Stress can affect the general condition of the right hand and increase the risk of development
inflammatory diseases, as it has a very negative effect on immunity.
Symptoms of periodontal pathologies
Often the primary symptoms of periodontal disease are not so noticeable, which is why preventative dental examinations are very important.
Early detection of the disease promotes rapid and successful treatment. We will list the most common symptoms that may indicate diseases in this area.
- Red or swollen gums.
- Bleeding gums that occur when brushing or flossing your teeth.
Most common the cause of bleeding gums is gingivitis.
- Change in bite.
- Unpleasant odor from the mouth.
You may suspect that you have periodontal disease, but it is difficult to accurately diagnose only a doctor can solve the problem. If you notice alarming symptoms, be sure to contact specialist.